Universal Credit is a single monthly payment for people in or out of work on low income. It will replace six existing benefits and is currently being rolled out across the UK. The new system is based on a single monthly payment, transferred directly into a bank account.
If you are of working age, and make a change to one of your benefits after the following dates, you will be migrated to Universal Credit:
- Sefton (All Jobcentres) – 11th October 2017
- Wirral (All Jobcentres) – 15th November 2017
- West Lancs (Ormskirk & Skelmersdale) – December 2017
- Liverpool (Aintree Jobcentre) – 24th January 2018
- Knowsley (Kirkby & Huyton) – 14th February 2018
- Liverpool (all remaining) – between June & September 2018
Benefits will be paid to you electronically, such as through a bank or credit union account, so it’s important that you start thinking about what type of account you would like your benefits to be paid into.
For tenants in receipt of Universal Credit you will be required to pay your rent direct to One Vision Housing, unlike housing benefit which comes direct to us.
Whether you are due to move onto Universal Credit or have already made a claim, you can find lots of help and advice at the OVH Help Hub. A dedicated resource for helping OVH customers on their Universal Credit journey.
If you need further support or would like to talk to someone direct, please get in touch with us on 0300 365 1111 or email@example.com.