Contacting your council

Your council is responsible for a number of services you may need to use, here are some
handy contacts for council services.

You should contact your local council regarding the following services/enquiries:

  • Applying for Housing and Council Tax Benefit
  • Informing the Council Tax department of your new address
  • Social Services and Occupational Health
  • Bin and bulky item collections

Contact details for local councils:

Sefton Council
0345 140 0845

Liverpool City Council
0151 225 2334

Wirral Council
0151 606 2002

Cheshire East Council
0300 123 5500

Cheshire West and Chester Council
0300 123 8123

West Lancashire Borough Council
01695 577177