Since OVH was formed, following a successful stock transfer from Sefton MBC, the organisation has achieved some momentous milestones; with accolades that secure our position as one of the leading housing associations, businesses and employers in the country.
- In the last 10 years we have reinvested over £443m of income to improve the standard of our homes, increased customer satisfaction from 77% to 94% (at present), increased our financial turnover from £45m to £61m per year, and made efficiency savings of over £68m
- We have recently progressed with an extensive development plan to create over 600 new homes in Sefton, Liverpool, Cheshire and West Lancashire in the next five years. The new housing developments will provide quality homes for affordable rent, as well as opportunities to own a home through OVH’s shared ownership scheme
- In 2015 we expanded our operations into Liverpool and Wirral, when we acquired 1,300 homes during the amalgamation with Venture Housing. We now own and manage circa 13,000 units of accommodation and have a new housing development programme of approximately 920 additional properties across Merseyside and surrounding areas
- We have been recognised as one of the best organisations to work for in the UK, having claimed top spot in The Sunday Times Top 100 List (2012 and 2013) and UK Great Workplaces (2014 and 2015) as well as being named 4th best workplace in Europe (2014)
- In 2013 we were awarded the British Quality Foundation’s UK Excellence Award, one of the most prominent accolades that can be awarded to any company in the country. Shortly after we were also ranked 4th in the Europe-wide version of the Excellence Awards
- In 2010 we made significant savings by bringing our property maintenance services in house, and shortly after (in 2011) The Sovini Group was formed, which has generated new income streams to support One Vision Housing. The Group has since gift aided £15.6m back to One Vision Housing, which we’ve invested back into our homes and communities
- We have continuously achieved the Decent Homes Standard from December 2010
- Each year we achieve 100% compliance for gas servicing, with less than ten properties referred to court and 100% resident satisfaction.