Accessing Our Services
It is very important to us that everybody can access our services. For a start, the website makes our services more readily available to our customers. However, there are a number of other things we must look at so we’re taking our responsibilities seriously and recognising that goods and services must be offered on equal terms to all people in the community.
Here are the things we do to help you access our services:
- All our offices are DDA compliant and wheelchair accessible
- Our customer service centre is open 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday to answer your queries.
- We offer an emergency out of hours repairs service 365 days a year.
- We offer out of hours gas service appointments
- We offer a range of ways to pay your rent including direct debit, over the phone or online
- We visit our tenants in their home if they can’t get to an office
- Our staff will help you fill out forms and claim for any relevant benefits
- We have a tenancy support officer if you need extra assistance
- We provide our communications in a range of formats including large print, audio and Braille communications as standard to those customers who request it.
- We offer ‘Language Line’ – a phone translation service for customers who don’t speak English
- This website has many accessibility features to help viewers navigate their way or read in another language.
- Our Communications Service Review Group is made of tenants and staff who work closely to ensure communications are jargon free, in plain English and easy to understand.
- We constantly review our customer profiling information to identify which languages may be requested for translation. We provide this list on the back of all our publications.
- We encourage customers to get in touch and give us feedback to help improve our services further.
- Please refer to our ‘contact us’ page for contact details.
If there is something we could be doing better to help you access our services, please call us on 0300 365 1111. Likewise, if you’re happy with what we’re doing, we’d still love to hear from you.