Health and Wellbeing
At One Vision Housing we recognise how important health and wellbeing is and we want to support our customers to live healthy, happy lives – which is why we employ a Health Promotion Officer.
The importance of living a healthy lifestyle for maintaining good health and preventing chronic diseases has been well established. Living a healthy lifestyle is quite simple to achieve – you do not need to do anything “crazy” to adopt a healthy lifestyle but it can have an impact on many parts of your wellbeing. Please click on the links below for more information about each topic.
Through consultation with our customers and local agencies we offer a variety of activities that can help you improve your health and wellbeing such as:
- Cooking on a budget – learn how to cook cheaply using healthy ingredients to help combat chronic heart disease, high blood pressure and obesity. Also education on salts, sugars, and fats and how to use less but still enjoy food
- Sessions on weight management to help aid weight loss
- Walking and cycling in the community
- Chair based classes for the elderly
- Health events
- Green Gym and community gardens
- Advice and information on smoking and alcohol.
If you would like to get in touch to talk about the Health and wellbeing initiatives in your area, or if you have any ideas then please contact Caroline our Health Promotion Officer on 0300 365 1111