Health and Wellbeing
One Vision Housing exists to support our customers and encourage ideas and initiatives that will make our communities better places to live and work.
That’s why we employ a Health Promotion Officer to promote and increase health and wellbeing throughout our workforce and the communities in which we operate. This post is part funded by Sefton NHS which also provides us with advice, support and information tailored to our customers’ needs.
Through consultation with our customers and local agencies we offer a variety of activities that can help you improve your health and wellbeing such as:
- Cooking on a budget – learn how to cook cheaply using healthy ingredients to help combat chronic heart disease, high blood pressure and obesity. Also education on salts, sugars, and fats and how to use less but still enjoy food
- Sessions on weight management to help aid weight loss
- Walking and cycling in the community
- Chair based classes for the elderly
- Health events
- Green Gym and community gardens
- Advice and information on smoking and alcohol.
If you would like to get in touch to talk about the Health and wellbeing initiatives in your area, or if you have any ideas then please contact the Community Development Team on 0300 365 1111
The NHS have launched a Healthy Sefton phone number that you can ring to find out about any health and wellbeing initiatives in Sefton. Call 0300 100 1000 for more information or click on the following link NHS Sefton. You can also access a number of interactive NHS Tools which may help guide you on your way to a healthier lifestyle http://www.nhs.uk/tools/pages/toolslibrary.aspx.
Active Sefton covers all aspects of physical activity opportunities provided through partnership between Sefton Council, Sefton NHS Sefton, the voluntary and community sector.