Complaints and Feedback

While we try to make sure that we do everything right first time sometimes we get things wrong and you may want to make a complaint.

This could be because we’ve not done something that we said we would, treated you unfairly or did something that we shouldn’t.

Although we try to ensure that our customers don’t feel that they need to make a complaint we welcome them as they give us an opportunity to improve our services. Your feedback will help us do things better next time.

We would recommend that you talk to us first by contacting the team who dealt with your initial enquiry. They will try to resolve your complaint for you on the spot. If you still feel aggrieved you can make a formal complaint.

We are happy to communicate with you in the way that you prefer.  This could be in writing, over the phone, in person, or by email.

If you do not wish to make the complaint yourself, we are happy to deal with someone who will represent you.  This may be a local official, family member, or other body such as an advocate.  You may need to give us permission if your complaint concerns sensitive information.

How to Make a Complaint

Investigating Your Complaint

If you have feedback about how we have performed or how we can improve, you can:

We will acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days and give you a full response within 10 working days.

Escalating Your Complaint

If you are unhappy with the outcome of your complaint investigation, you can request a further review of your complaint.

You can do this in the same way that you made your original complaint.

We will acknowledge in writing within 2 days, and aim to respond fully within 10 working days. Your response will also include an explanation of what you can do if you are still unhappy.

Contacting a Designated Person

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the complaint review, you may contact a ‘Designated Person’ (as defined by the Localism Act 2011) and they will attempt to resolve your complaint. This includes your local Councillor, any MP, or the Tenant Mediation Panel.

The Tenant Mediation Panel is a group of One Vision Housing tenants who have been recognised by One Vision Housing to independently look at complaints after they have been through the complaints process, with a view to helping resolve issues.

You can contact the Tenant Mediation Panel on their e-mail and details of your councillor or an MP are available on the internet or available at your local library.

Housing Ombudsman

If the Designated Person or the Tenant Mediation Panel feel they are unable to assist in resolving the complaint, then they will refer your complaint to the Housing Ombudsman. This is an independent and free national service, which investigates complaints against Registered Housing providers.

If you do not wish to contact a Designated Person, or the Tenant Mediation Panel, then you may contact the Housing Ombudsman directly, however, you must wait 8 weeks from the end of the complaints process.

Housing Ombudsman Service,
81 Aldwych, London WC2B 4HN
0300 111 3000