Anti Social Behaviour
Anti-social behaviour (ASB) is any aggressive, intimidating or destructive activity that damages or destroys another person’s quality of life.
We believe that everyone has the right to enjoy their homes and communities without fear in clean and healthy surroundings.
Our dedicated ASB team and neighbourhood officers work towards:
- Tackling anti-social behaviour
- Helping victims, witnesses and vulnerable people
- Improving our neighbourhoods
- Developing community spirit
We do not tolerate any types of disruption that causes nuisance or annoyance to our tenant’s lives and have specialised staff to deal firmly and fairly with those who persist in this type of behaviour. ASB and nuisance are a breach of tenancy conditions and could result in the loss of an OVH property.
We work closely with police and other agencies to identify problems, share our knowledge, and work in partnership for the benefit of our customers and their neighbourhoods.
We take a proactive approach to tackling ASB using a variety of enforcement and preventative measures such as:
- Warning letters
- Acceptable behaviour contracts
- Youth diversionary activities
- Increased security measures for homes and estates
- Injunctions and evictions.